Unformatted text preview: rking in the VM
1. Power on the VM, and open the console.
2. Click Start, Control Panel, Network Connections, and click Manage Network Connections.
3. Right-click the NIC, and choose properties.
4. Select TCP/IP (v4), and choose properties.
5. Set the IP address, subnet, gateway, and DNS server for this NIC, which will handle outgoing server
traffic (i.e., the public IP). Click OK, and click Close.
6. On the Dell server, repeat steps 2 through 5 twice, but these NICs should be on the same network
segment as the Dell EqualLogic storage.
Installing the Host Integration Toolkit on the VM (Dell only)
1. Download the Host Integration Toolkit (Setup64.exe).
2. Double-click Setup64.exe.
3. Accept the security warnings, and choose to run the exe.
4. Click Next.
5. Click Accept, then Next.
6. Click Typical, then Next.
7. You will see a Windows Firewall warning; leave it open for a minute.
8. Click the Start button, then choose Administrative Tools Windows Firewall with Advanced Security.
9. In the left panel, click Inbou...
View Full Document
This document was uploaded on 01/20/2014.
- Fall '11