This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: o then plug that port into the system under test. This allows the client to join the Active
Directory domain. We followed this process for each installation:
1. Follow the steps in the earlier Creating a virtual machine section using the following VM specifications:
a. Name: MailClient
b. Virtual processors: 1
c. Virtual memory: 512 MB
d. Virtual Disk Size: 8 GB
e. Virtual network: External Network (keep the default Windows Network DHCP settings)
2. Install Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise x64 Edition Service Pack 2 on the VM.
3. Assign a computer name of Clientx for the mail client, where x is the client number.
4. For the licensing mode, use the default setting of five concurrent connections.
5. Enter a password for the administrator log on.
6. Select Eastern Time Zone.
7. Use typical settings for the Network installation.
Principled Technologies, Inc.: Virtualized Exchange workload performance comparison of end-to-end
solutions: Dell PowerEdge R710 with Dell EqualLogic storage vs. HP ProLia...
View Full Document
- Fall '11