This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: Leaf area meter
• Computer image analysis Text Factors Affecting Photosynthesis Canopy Architecture
• Leaf Area Index (LAI)
• Densiometer Densiometer to measure LAI Factors Affecting Photosynthesis the variation of photosynthesis in different leaves. these are all soybeans leaves and basically has different rate of photosynthesis, due to the
factors that they live that might of affect them. Midterm 1 - 29th Oct
• Beginning of class for 60minutes
4:10 to 5:10PM
Break then optional 5:15PM-6PM Group projects
50 points (all multiple choice)
– Facts/processes: 35 points
– Physiological thinking: 15 points (e.g. using diagrams) Factors Affecting Photosynthesis Midterm 1 - 29th Oct
1) What does PAR stand for? (1 point)
Photorespiration PAR= Photosynthetically Active radiation Text 2) What wavelength range makes up PAR? (2 points)
d) 250 to 1500 nm
400 to 680 nm
400 to 700 nm
250 to 710nm Factors Affecting Photosynthesis Midterm 1 - 29th Oct
What plant organ is the diagram a cross section of? (2 points)
What group of plants does it belong to? (1 point)
a) dicotyledonous plants
b) monocotyledonous plants
A B C What tissue is B? (1 point)
c) secondary xylem
d) pith http://www-plb.ucdavis.edu/labs/rost/
Factors Affecting Photosynthesis Recap on photosynthesis?
Help with projects?...
View Full Document
This document was uploaded on 01/17/2014.
- Winter '08