This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: se the rate of photosynthesis
– ‘Source-sink relationships’
• Source of sugars is affected by the demand for
Factors Affecting Photosynthesis Seasonal Variations
• Competitive advantage of invasive species
– Garlic Mustard (Alliaria petiolata)
• Achieves high rates
in early spring when
species are still
Seasonal Variations can affect rate of photosynthesis in some species, for
example Garlic Mustard achieves a high rate of photosynthesis during the early
spring when other indigenous species are still dormant. Myers and Angerson, 2003. The American Midland Naturalist. 150(2):231–245.
Factors Affecting Photosynthesis Chemicals
– Paraquat, Diquat
• Electron acceptor http://www.restek.com/ – Overloads photosynthetic system forming free-radicals.
– Causes rapid cell membrane destruction.
» Rapid contact action.
» Light is required for action. T0 24 hr 36 hr Factors Affecting Photosynthesis So Chemicals can affect the r...
View Full Document
This document was uploaded on 01/17/2014.
- Winter '08