This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: elial cell Species differences
from common bile
bile duct empty
cistern CAT Secretin – wait there’s more!
Secretin Secretin – explore further!
– Some forms include imbalance of
Neurotransmitter production from circulating
– Administer Secretin (injection, transdermal) to
stimulate peptidases to break up peptides
into amino acids instead
– Result = ↓ neurotransmitter formation, 40%
improvement in behavior, signs
(UK Autism Research Center) CCK
• CCK = cholecystokinin
– Peptide hormone in gastrin family
– Source = I cells of duodenum & jejunum
(other forms in CNS and serum)
• Stimuli = H+ (acid), amino acids, fatty acids –
all coming into duodenum with digesta
• Stomach (smooth muscle)
Pancreas (acinar cells - secretory)
Gall bladder (smooth muscle)
CNS (neurotransmission) GIP
• GIP = gastric inhibitory polypeptide
– Stimuli = fatty acids, aa’s, glucose – all
coming into duodenum
– Peptide hormone in secretin family
– Source = upper small intestine (endocrine)
• Intestinal smooth muscle (stoma...
View Full Document
This note was uploaded on 01/20/2014 for the course ANISCI 5032 taught by Professor Dr.anahill during the Spring '14 term at Ohio State.
- Spring '14