This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: one regression coefficient is greater than unity then the
other must be
a) greater than unity
b) equal to unity
c) less than unity
d) none of these
3. Regression equation is also named as
a) predication equation
b) estimating equation
c) line of average relationship d) all the above
4. The lines of regression intersect at the point
b) ( X , Y )
5. If r = 0, the lines of regression are
b) perpendicular to each other
c) parallel to each other
d) none of the above
6. Regression coefficient is independent of
c)both origin and scale
d) neither origin nor scale.
7. The geometric mean of the two-regression coefficients byx
and bxy is equal to
8. Given the two lines of regression as 3X – 4Y +8 = 0 and
4X – 3Y = 1, the means of X and Y are
a) X = 4, Y = 5
b) X =3, Y = 4
c) X = 2, Y = 2
d) X = 4/3, Y = 5/3
9. If the two lines of regression are
X + 2Y – 5 = 0 and
2X + 3Y – 8 = 0, the means of X and Y are
a) X = -3, Y = 4
b) X = 2, Y = 4
c) X =1, Y = 2
d) X = -1, Y = 2
10. If byx = -3/2, bxy = -3/2 then the correlation coefficient, r is
d) – 9/4
II. Fill in the blanks:
11. The regression analysis measures ________________
between X and Y.
12. The purpose of regression is to study ________ between
13. If one of the regression coefficients is ________ unity, the other
must be _______ unity.
238 14. The farther the two regression lines cut each other, the _____
be the degree of correlation.
15. When one regression coefficient is positive, the other would
also be _____.
16. The sign of regression coefficient is ____ as that of correlation
III. Answer the following:
17. Define regression and write down the two regression
18. Describe different types of regression.
19. Explain principle of least squares.
20. Explain (i) graphic method, (ii) Algebraic method.
21. What are regression co-efficient?
22. State the properties of regression coef...
View Full Document
This note was uploaded on 01/18/2014 for the course BUS 100 taught by Professor Moshiri during the Winter '08 term at UC Riverside.
- Winter '08