{[ promptMessage ]}

Bookmark it

{[ promptMessage ]}

Cooke company a soft drink manufacturer is preparing

Info iconThis preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

Unformatted text preview: tal structure decision. It has obtained estimates of sales and the associated levels of earnings before interest and taxes (EBIT) from its forecasting group: There is a 25% chance that sales will total $400,000, a 50% chance that sales will total $600,000, and a 25% chance that sales will total $800,000. Fixed operating costs total $200,000, and variable operating costs equal 50% of sales. These data are summarized, and the resulting EBIT calculated, in Table 12.9. The table shows that there is a 25% chance that the EBIT will be $0, a 50% chance that it will be $100,000, and a 25% chance that it will be $200,000. When developing the firm’s capital structure, the financial manager must accept as given these levels of EBIT and their associated probabilities. These EBIT data effectively reflect a certain level of business risk that captures the firm’s operating leverage, sales revenue variability, and cost predictability. Financial Risk The firm’s capital structure directly affects i...
View Full Document

{[ snackBarMessage ]}

Ask a homework question - tutors are online