This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: er or not I’m still
12. I bought a magazine because I like to read on
13. He went to the doctor even though he didn’t have
a fever. Chapter 28
The Passive Voice
1. The prescription was written by the doctor.
2. The work was done by Bob. 3.
13. The pills were bought at the drugstore.
The carpet was cleaned by the manager.
The car was rented by John.
I was introduced by Mary.
The books were left on the table.
The car was stopped by the police.
The accident was seen by an old lady.
The class was taught by Mr. Smith.
The details were written down by Fred.
The car was dropped off at the airport.
The chicken was cut up by Stephanie. Chapter 29
1. Despite the weather, we still went walking.
2. Although it was hot, we wore our coats.
3. They went skiing despite the warm temperatures.
4. She went to...
View Full Document
This note was uploaded on 01/17/2014 for the course ENG 99 taught by Professor Michal during the Winter '13 term at CSU Sacramento.
- Winter '13