This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: iting for an hour when the doctor
2. When he retires, he will have been working here
for fifty years.
3. They had been watching television for three
hours when I called.
4. She will have been sleeping eight hours when she
5. John has been calling me since yesterday, and I
still haven’t talked to him.
6. I had been on the road for two days when I
arrived in Washington.
7. When he arrives, he will have been travelling for
8. She has been wanting to check her oil for a week,
and she still hasn’t done it.
9. He has been reading that book for two weeks and
he still hasn’t finished it.
10. When they move out next week, they will have
been living in that apartment for two years.
11. I had been cleaning the house for an hour when
12. She had been washing clothes for an hour when
Sue came home.
13. I have been washing clothes all day and I’m still
not finished. 10.
12. Formation of the Perfect Progressive Tenses
1. She will have been sleeping eight hours w...
View Full Document
- Winter '13