This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: reat stimuli • Flooding
• Exposure to fearful stimulus can reduce fear response Cognitive Therapy
• Disorders arise from maladaptive thoughts & feelings • Goal
• Train more adaptative ways of thinking • Cognitive Theories of Mood Disorders
• Ellis’s Rational-Emotive Therapy
• Activating Event:
• Belief triggered:
• Consequence: (depression) Psychoanalysis
Ellis / Beck Cognitive Therapy
• Techniques (particularly effective for mood disorders)
• Identify distorted cognitions
• Challenge automatic t...
View Full Document
This document was uploaded on 01/20/2014.
- Fall '14