This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: rm industry trend watches, and
to prospect and recruit new hires. To realize the full potential of the Twittersphere, consider the following guidelines:
1. Create a professional-looking proﬁle and username and strive for a genuine, likeable tone.
2. Ask questions and respond in real time.
3. Be selective and professionally minded in what you tweet; focus on industry news
and research, conferences and professional development opportunities and outcomes, or a professionally related article or question.
4. Retweet what you ﬁnd interesting, reply publicly, and encourage retweets to
acknowledge and show appreciation to followers.
5. Incorporate links, ideally shortened ones, and share photos to provide a fuller context for a business story or information burst.
6. Be strategic in the pace and timing of your tweets—do not send out so many at
once that it overloads your followers’ feeds. PHOTO/VIDEO SHARING
Content communities such as YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram, and Flickr allow for the
sharing of rich media content—multimedi...
View Full Document
This document was uploaded on 01/21/2014.
- Fall '14