Unformatted text preview: sist you with identifying
your project’s risks. Dr. Maged Ezzat Georgy Interviews
Interview could be either:
◦ Structured, or
◦ Unstructured. For structured interviews, be prepared with questions
and basic project documentation (e.g., WBS) before
starting the interview. Dr. Maged Ezzat Georgy Brainstorming Sessions
Brainstorming is a “facilitated” exchange of
The following are usually asked to meet and identify
possible risk events:
◦ Project stakeholders,
◦ Key project team members,
◦ Experts (internal and/or external)
◦ Others who can positively contribute to the session.
Dr. Maged Ezzat Georgy Brainstorming
This process requires a facilitator (usually the PM)
◦ Briefs the attends on the project and purpose of the
◦ Administers the exchange of ideas, and
◦ Records the risks one by one on a whiteboard, or flip
chart. Dr. Maged Ezzat Georgy Brainstorming Sessions
◦ Keep interruptions to a minimum,
◦ Don’t discount any idea,
◦ Critiquing ideas isn’t part of the process,
◦ All participants have equal say, and
◦ Think outside the box. Dr. Maged Ezzat Georgy Brainstorming
Problems with the brainstorming session:
◦ The facilitator, and
◦ Attendants differing status. Dr. Maged Ezzat Georgy Exercise
Risk Identification Exercise
You are required to identify the risks of the simple
case study whose info is given below:
◦ A specialized hospital in Assiut (Upper Egypt),
◦ Partially funded from government, rest of funding from
foreign and local donations.
◦ Specialized labs with supplies from Europe.
◦ Location will have multiple parallel projects (other than
Dr. Maged Ezzat Georgy Exercise
◦ Engineering done by a foreign design firm (due to the
◦ Little investigation of site prior to design.
◦ Land still needs the clearing of unauthorized occupants.
◦ Contractor HQ in Cairo (made lowest offer to penetrate
the market in Upper Egypt for the first time), and
◦ Contractor plans to heavily use subs for typical works. Dr. Maged Ezzat Georgy Homework
The Channel Tunnel
Check website Dr. Maged Ezzat Georgy End of Week 2...
View Full Document
- Winter '14
- Project Management, Ezzat Georgy, Dr. Maged Ezzat Georgy