This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: sist you with identifying
your project’s risks. Dr. Maged Ezzat Georgy Interviews
Interview could be either:
◦ Structured, or
◦ Unstructured. For structured interviews, be prepared with questions
and basic project documentation (e.g., WBS) before
starting the interview. Dr. Maged Ezzat Georgy Brainstorming Sessions
Brainstorming is a “facilitated” exchange of
The following are usually asked to meet and identify
possible risk events:
◦ Project stakeholders,
◦ Key project team members,
◦ Experts (internal and/or external)
◦ Others who can positively contribute to the session.
Dr. Maged Ezzat Georgy Brainstorming
This process requires a facilitator (usually the PM)
◦ Briefs the attends on the project and purpose of the
◦ Administers the exchange of ideas, and
◦ Records the risks one by one on a whiteboard, or flip
chart. Dr. Maged Ezzat Georgy Brainstorming Sessions
◦ Keep interruptions to a minimum,
◦ Don’t discount any idea,
◦ Critiquing ideas isn’t part of the process,
◦ All participants have equal say, and
◦ Think outside the box. Dr. Maged Ezzat Georgy Brainstorming
Problems with the brainstorming session:
◦ The facilitator, and
◦ Attendants differing status. Dr. Maged Ezzat Georgy Exercise
Risk Identification Exercise
You are required to identify the risks of the simple
case study whose info is given below:
◦ A specialized hospital in Assiut (Upper Egypt),
◦ Partially funded from government, rest of funding from
foreign and local donations.
◦ Specialized labs with supplies from Europe.
◦ Location will have multiple parallel projects (other than
Dr. Maged Ezzat Georgy Exercise
◦ Engineering done by a foreign design firm (due to the
◦ Little investigation of site prior to design.
◦ Land still needs the clearing of unauthorized occupants.
◦ Contractor HQ in Cairo (made lowest offer to penetrate
the market in Upper Egypt for the first time), and
◦ Contractor plans to heavily use subs for typical works. Dr. Maged Ezzat Georgy Homework
The Channel Tunnel
Check website Dr. Maged Ezzat Georgy End of Week 2...
View Full Document
This document was uploaded on 01/22/2014.
- Winter '14