Unformatted text preview: tices and process used to retain staff, and often includes Training and Development, Performance Appraisal and Rewards
• External recruiting – Seeking outside the firm for people who have not worked at the firm previously • Newspapers advertisements, open houses, on
campus recruiting, employee referrals, and through the Internet – External recruitment is difficult since many new jobs have specific skill needs.
• A multiprong approach to external recruiting works best 12 Recruitment (cont.)
• Internal recruiting – Seeking to fill open positions with current employees from within the firm
– Benefits of internal recruiting • Job candidates, their qualifications and availability are already known
• Current employees know the firm’s culture and are familiar with the organisation
• Internal advancement (promotion from within) can serve to motivate employees 13 Selection tools
Selection tools 14 The selection process
– Background information • Education, prior employment and study emphasis – Interviews • Structured interviews where managers ask each applicant the same jobr...
View Full Document
- Two '14
- Human Resource Management