This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: raining and development
Training and development
• Needs assessment – An assessment of which employees need training or development and what type of skills or knowledge they need to acquire 19 Types of training
Types of training
• Classroom instruction
Varied work experiences
Formal education 20 Performance appraisal and Performance appraisal and feedback
• Performance appraisal – The evaluation of employees’ job performance and contributions to their organisation 21 Performance appraisal and Performance appraisal and feedback • Performance feedback – The process through which managers share performance appraisal information, give subordinates an opportunity to reflect on their own performance and develop, with subordinates, plans for the future 22 Who appraises performance?
Who appraises performance? 23 Effective feedback tips
Effective feedback tips • Be specific and focus on correctable behaviour. Provide a suggested improvement
• Focus on problemsolving and improvement, not criticism
• Express confidence in worker’s ability to improve 24 Effective feedback tips • Use both formal and informal feedback
• Treat subordinates with respect and praise achievements
• Set a timetable for agreed changes 9-25 Wages, conditions and the role of Wages, conditions and the role of industrial relations...
View Full Document
This document was uploaded on 01/24/2014.
- Two '14