This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: IONAL CULTURES
– Assume that a nation has one, commonly shared culture
Culture is a mental program, or software of the mind
Nations can be grouped or differentiated based on surveys measuring specific cultural dimensions Hofstede’s national cultural dimensions
– Power distance
Masculinity/femininity 18 Session 4 Chapter 4 Managing Leading, Coaching and Motivating
Great leaders plant trees whose shade they know they will never sit in
– (Translated Greek proverb)
OUTLINE • Learning objectives
• Introduction – Managing and leading • Leadership traits and behaviors
• Transactional, charismatic, transformational leadership
• Newer perspectives
– Postmodern • Coaching and mentoring
– Coaching capabilities • Motivation – Theory X and Theory Y
20 LEARNING OBJECTIVES
4. After completing this topic you will be able to: Define what is meant by leadership and coaching Evaluate critically the main approaches to leadership theory Understand the...
View Full Document
This document was uploaded on 01/24/2014.
- Two '14