Unformatted text preview: y polymorphisms?
• Many plasma protein polymorphisms
are present as 10% or more of all the
alleles at a locus.
• This suggests that different alleles are
equally effective. Corroboration of population origins
• The following are often used to
corroborate genetic evidence:
• Skull shapes
Ethnographic evidence (especially of
origin stories) G6PD deficiency
G6PD Brescia, Lombardy, Italy •
• Many different polymorphisms (34...
View Full Document
- Fall '11
- HLA antigens, Human Biochemical Diversity, HLA antigen polymorphisms