This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: ture Concepts: Landscapes
• Cultural Landscape: the outcome of interactions
between people & their environments; the visible
human imprint on the land.
Each cultural group imprints itself on the landscape in
- Many cultures = many distinct cultural landscapes
• Consider: Southern Ontario
- Rural Areas
- Urban/Suburban Areas
• Modified urban areas in many distinct ways.
Key Concepts in Human Geography II – Sept. 16, 2013 Human Geographies: Society & Culture Concepts: Landscapes
• • These are evidence of
our modification of the
natural environment Key: Key Concepts in Human Geography II – Sept. 16, 2013 Human Geographies: Society & Culture Concepts: Diffusion
• • Diffusion: the movement/spread of a geographic
phenomena across space & over time
• • Ex: Epidemic...
View Full Document
- Fall '08