10_Decision_Making

9 present absent test results positive base rate 98 a

Info iconThis preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

Unformatted text preview: tested a + c a+b+c+d 10 -the probability that a patient has a disease given a +disease/+test: positive result? a a + b Disease: present absent Test results: +disease/-test: positive a negative c c c + d b d Probability of having it: a a + b -the probability that a patient has a disease given a positive result? disease present => 98% test positive Probability of having it: disease absent => 1% test positive a Disease: Test = positive a + b present absent Test results: positive a b negative c d -the probability that a patient has a disease given a positive result? disease present => 98% test positive Probability of having it: disease absent => 1% test positive a Disease: Test = positive ~ 99% a + b present absent Test results: Base rate: positive 98 negative 1 2 a b a + c a+b+c+d = 50% 99 c d 11 -the probability that a patient has a disease given a positive result? disease present => 98% test positive Probability of having it: disease absent => 1% test positive a Disease: Test = positive ~ 99% a + b ~ 0.9% present absent Test results: positive Base rate: 98 a 1000 b a + c a+b+c+d = 50% ~ 0.1%...
View Full Document

This note was uploaded on 01/26/2014 for the course PSYCH 228 taught by Professor Broaders during the Winter '11 term at Northwestern.

Ask a homework question - tutors are online