This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: C (International Federation of Consulting Engineers)
• The Silver Book: provides for the Contractor taking almost all risks
(e.g. EPCT/BOT projects); balance of risk changed; design
responsibility lies with Contractor
– E.g. Article 4.1
• The Contractor shall design, execute and complete the
Works, and shall remedy any defects in the Works.
• When completed, the Works shall be fit for the purpose for
which the Works are intended as defined in the Contract. • The Green Book: for wide demand for a simpler form of contract;
US$500,000 and 6-months’ duration 44 NEC (The New Engineering Contract)
• Formalized and created by the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE)
• There have been three editions, the first in 1993, the second in
1995, and the most recent in 2005. The June 2005 edition of the
NEC3 was amended in June 2006.
• The current publications are:
– NEC Engineering and Construction Contract (ECC)
– NEC Engineering and Construction Subcontract Contract (ECS)
– NEC Engineering and Construction Short Contract (ECSC)
– NEC Engineering and Construction Short Subcontract (ECSS)
– NEC Professional Services Contract (PSC)
– NEC Framework Contract (FC)
– NEC Term Service Contract (TSC)
– NEC Supply Contract/Short Supply Contract (SC/SSC)
– NEC Adjudicator's Contract (AC)
– NEC Guidance Notes and Flowcharts
45 NEC (The New Engineering Contract)
• Traditional bi-party partnering arranagement
• Optional: NEC Partnering Option X12 46 NEC (The New Engineering Contract)
• Design and build bi-party partnering arrangement 47...
View Full Document
This document was uploaded on 01/28/2014.
- Fall '14