This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: sufficiency in the
design of the Works … the like liability to the Employer, … , as
would an appropriate professional designer holding himself out
as competent to take on the design of the Works.
– (a) … the Contractor shall ensure that all such Plant and
materials are reasonably fit for the purpose intended by the
Contract. 42 FIDIC (International Federation of Consulting Engineers)
• FIDIC now represents most of the private practice consulting
engineers in the world.
• The 1999 Suite of Standard Conditions of Contract
– Conditions of Contract for Construction (The Red Book)
– Conditions of Contract for Plant and Design-Build (The Yellow
– Conditions of Contract for EPC Turnkey Projects (The Silver
– Short Form of Contract (The Green Book)
• The Red and Yellow Books: traditional competitive tendering
• Red Book: building and engineering works designed by Employer
• Yellow Book: E&M plant, building and engineering works designed
by the Contractor
View Full Document
This document was uploaded on 01/28/2014.
- Fall '14