Unformatted text preview: on is Construction?
• Where is construction positioned? How about manufacturing? (Projects) (Batch flows) (Line flows) (Line flows)
(Continuous flows) (Source: Schmenner 1993) 6 1.1 Characteristics of Construction Projects
1. Project uniqueness
2. Separation of design and production
4. Competitive tendering 7 1.1 Characteristics of Construction Projects
5. Adversarial relationships (Source: Cox and Townsend 1998) 8 1.2 What is Project Delivery?
• A project delivery system defines the ______________,
___________, and ________________ of project team members
and the sequence of activities required to provide a facility.
Construction management at risk, design-build, and design-bidbuild are three principal project delivery systems nowadays.
• “Delivery methods describe the roles of participants, the
relationships between them, both formal and informal, the timing of
events, and the practices and techniques of manag...
View Full Document
This document was uploaded on 01/28/2014.
- Fall '14