Unformatted text preview: on is Construction?
• Where is construction positioned? How about manufacturing? (Projects) (Batch flows) (Line flows) (Line flows)
(Continuous flows) (Source: Schmenner 1993) 6 1.1 Characteristics of Construction Projects
1. Project uniqueness
2. Separation of design and production
4. Competitive tendering 7 1.1 Characteristics of Construction Projects
5. Adversarial relationships (Source: Cox and Townsend 1998) 8 1.2 What is Project Delivery?
• A project delivery system defines the ______________,
___________, and ________________ of project team members
and the sequence of activities required to provide a facility.
Construction management at risk, design-build, and design-bidbuild are three principal project delivery systems nowadays.
• “Delivery methods describe the roles of participants, the
relationships between them, both formal and informal, the timing of
events, and the practices and techniques of manag...
View Full Document
- Fall '14
- Fee, project delivery, Unit Price Contract, facility type