This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: o be done
– Essentially an “_______________________” philosophy 25 2.3.1 Conversion/Transformation View
• Current project management method:
– Break project into activities (WBS, OBS, PBS)
– Estimate duration and resource requirements for each activity
– Place in a logical order with critical path method (CPM) 26 2.3.1 Conversion/Transformation View
• Assign or contract each activity
• Give start notice and monitor safety, quality, time and cost
standards. Act on negative variance from standards. (Source: Lean Construction Institute 2003) 27 2.3.1 Conversion/Transformation View
• Coordinate work with master schedule and weekly meetings
– Reduce cost by productivity improvement
– Reduce duration by speeding each piece or changing logic.
– Improve quality and safety with inspection and enforcement • Production is viewed as a transformation of inputs and outputs: 28 2.3.1 Conversion/Transformation View • Current project control focuses only on
– should vs. d...
View Full Document
This document was uploaded on 01/28/2014.
- Fall '14