This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: l, material or
– People: too heavy a mental or physical
– Machinery: expecting a machine to do
more than it is capable or designed.
– May lead to safety and quality problems.
34 3 Work-flow Variability
• Mura (variability, irregularity, inconsistency)
– Any variation in the operation leading to unbalanced situations.
– E.g. employees are told to work like crazy early in the morning
only to stand around and do nothing late in the day.
– Result: excess _________________and increased _______
• Usually the three of them cannot be seen separately. When a
process is not balanced (_______), this leads to an overburden on
equipment, facilities and people (______) which will cause all kinds
of non value adding activities (Waiting is also an activity!!) thus
leads to _________.
• Mura (variability) and muri (overburden) cause muda (waste) 35 3.1 Parade Game
• To illustrate the impact of work flow variability on the performance
of construction trades and their...
View Full Document
- Fall '14