This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: tional Group for Lean Construction (IGLC).
• Ballard and Greg Howell subsequently co-founded the Lean
Construction Institute (LCI) in the United States in 1997. 23 2.3 Production Theories
• 3 production theories:
1. Conversion/transformation view
2. Flow view (material and information)
3. Value generation view
• Transformation view is currently commonly used.
• We need to consider flow view and value view. They are two
critical and necessary dimensions for successful capital project
• Lean construction considers all three views. It is the difference
between traditional construction management approaches and the
lean construction. 24 2.3.1 Conversion/Transformation View
• Conversion/Transformation View
– Concept: Convert/transform inputs to outputs
– Principles: Getting production realized efficiently; Decompose
the production task, and minimize the costs of all decomposed
– Methods: ____________________________(WBS),
– Practical contribution: Taking care of what has t...
View Full Document
- Fall '14