This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: e: e.g., building
perimeter walls, placing windows, installing
flashing and applying sealants 37 3.1 Parade Game
• Planning and scheduling practices are usually inadequate to deal
with the uncertainties that affect the production system. • Critical-path method (CPM) describes activities with their durations
and precedence relationships.
– The finish-to-start relationship is most often used though it
assumes sequential finality. i.e., predecessors must be 100%
complete before their successors can start. 38 3.1 Parade Game
• Results and summary:
– Project completion delayed with increase of variations in flow.
– Throughput reduced with increase of variations in flow.
– Waste increased with increase of variations in flow.
– Major task of any contractor is to determine means and
methods. Parade Game shows that coordination among trades
is equally important.
– For a small buffer size, project duration is strongly impacted by
changes in variability; for a project with a large buffe...
View Full Document
This document was uploaded on 01/28/2014.
- Fall '14