This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: age of items with high impact. • You can also highlight the large percentage of items with little
impact - why would you want to do this? • 80/20 rules 35 3.3 Information Transparency and Management
• The key to SCM is the information flows associated with
• A core issue is the effective management of information, both
in the form of information flows that permit rapid interorganisational transactions between supply chain partners,
and in the form of information accumulated, coded, and
stored in firm database structures. 36 Information Exchange Technologies
• Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Systems
– Integrate various business units (e.g. accounting, supply
planning, warehouse management) in a company and among
– Examples: NetSuite, Oracle PeopleSoft Enterprise, SAP
– Targets at large corporations and stable supply chains
– Studies on adoption of ERP in the construction industry
(Acikalin 2009, Chung et al. 2008, Shi and Halpin 2003, Yang
2007) 37 Information Exchange Technologies
• Web-Based Collaboration and Project Management Systems
– Multi-organizational communication and collaborations thr...
View Full Document
This document was uploaded on 01/28/2014.
- Fall '14