Unformatted text preview: ee goals provides an
opportunity to improvement.
– E.g. machines with frequent breakdown, low quality materials,
29 Just-In-Time (JIT) Approach
• Less worker __________________: Workers are trained for
different operations. This provides task flexibility and fewer workers
may be resulted.
• Worker cooperation: Workers help each other if there is a
• Autonomation (autonomous _________________): Machines
have automatic stop devices which can be pushed if a worker sees
a defect. Entire line stops until the problem is cleared up. Quality
problems can be rapidly spotted.
• Quality circles: Workers become part of the quality control
• Integrated production: Close relationship with suppliers.
Suppliers must be willing to use the Kanban system. 30 Potential Drawbacks of JIT/Pull/Kanban
• Slow to react to changes in demand.
• Ignore known information about future demand patterns.
• Suppliers must be reliable and react more quickly.
Flow of information Kanban system
Flow of production Cen...
View Full Document
- Fall '14
- Supply Chain Management, Electronic Data Interchange, Information Exchange Technologies