Unformatted text preview: rojects.
• The benefits increase as each project undertaken profits from the
lessons learnt from previous projects.
• Strategic partnering provides the full benefits of partnering
because it allows time for continuous improvement.
6 • Essentially, partnering aims at:
1. Meeting the mutually agreed project objectives by cooperation,
teamwork and mutual trust, rather than by confrontation
2. Placing value on long-term relationships
3. Equitable _________________
4. Improving communication and understanding
5. Lowering project costs, reducing project time and improving
6. Encouraging ____________, waste reduction and better longterm profitability
7. Minimizing contractual conflict and reducing waste
8. Achieving a better project outcome through the earlier
involvement of all the members of the ______________
9. Establishing a responsive project organization focused on
7 2 Benefits of Partnering?
• Practitioners may ask, “What benefits will partnering give me?”
• The major primary stakeholders in a partnering project:
– The project owners (clients)
– The main contractors
– The design team (architect, engineer and consultant)
– The spet contractors
– The sub(sub)contractors
– The suppliers 8 2 Benefits of Partnering?
• (All) Improved relationships and communication among project
participants • (All) More efficient resolution of problems due to open communication • (All) Reduced exposure to litigation through open communication • (All) Increased opportunity for a financially successful project because of
non-adversarial win-win attitude • (All) Long-term trusting relationship achieved • (Client, Main Contractor) Lower risk of cost overruns and delays due to
better time and cost control • (Main Contractor) Better time and cost control over project • (Design Team, Contractor) Enhanced role in decision-making, as an
active team member in providing interpretation of design intent and
solutions to problem...
View Full Document
- Fall '14
- Project Management, partnering, strategic partnering, Partnering for Procurement