Unformatted text preview: maximizing the effectiveness of each participant’s resources.
– This requires changing traditional relationships to a shared
culture without regard to organizational boundaries.
– The relationship is based on trust, dedication to common goals,
and an understanding of each other’s individual expectations
– Expected benefits include improved efficiency and cost
effectiveness, increased opportunity for innovation, and the
continuous improvement of quality products and services. • Both attribute and process definition.
• Strategic partnering
4 1 Background
• The Associated General Contractors of America (AGC) defined
– A way of achieving an optimum relationship between a
customer and a supplier.
– It is a method of doing business in which a person’s word is his
or her bond and where people accept responsibility for their
– Partnering is not a business contract but a recognition that
every contract includes an implied covenant of good faith.
• Mainly attribute definition.
• Project partnering 5 1 Background
• Project partnering:
– partnering undertaken on a single project. At the end of the
project the partnering relationship is terminated and another
relationship is commenced on the next project.
• Strategic partnering:
– takes place where two or more firms use partnering on a longterm basis to undertake more than one construction project.
• Strategic partnering relationships accumulate benefits on individual
View Full Document
This document was uploaded on 01/28/2014.
- Fall '14