This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: becomes clearer and unfolds. It is a form of
multi-step, progressive elaboration planning, and acknowledges
that we can see more clearly what is in close proximity. • Activity attributes: The components for each activity evolve over
time. During the initial stages of the project they include the Activity
ID, WBS ID, and Activity Name, and when completed may include
activity codes, activity description, predecessor activities,
successor activities, logical relationships, leads and lags 31 6.2 Sequence Activities
• The process of identifying and documenting relationships among
the project activities.
• Activities are sequenced using logical relationships. Every activity
and milestone except the first and last are connected to at least
one predecessor and one _____________.
• Lead or ______ time between activities may be added. • Dependency determination: 3 types of dependencies – (1)
mandatory dependencies, (2) discretionary dependencies, (3)
external dependencies. 32 Precedence Diagramming Method (PDM)
• PDM is a method used in Critical Path Method (CPM) for constructing a
project schedule network diagram that uses boxes or rectangles (nodes)
to represent activities and connects them with arrows. • This technique is also called ____________________ (AON). • PDM includes 4 types of dependencies: Finish-to-start (FS), Finish-tofinish (FF), Start-to-start (SS), Start-to-finish (SF). 33 6.3 Estimate Activity Resources
• The process of estimating the type and quantities of material,
people, equipment, or supplies required to perform each activity.
• Closely coordinated with Process 7.1 Estimate Costs. • Resource calendars: specify when and how long identified project
resources will be available during the project. Resource attributes
are included, e.g. resource experience, skill level.
• Bottom-up estimating: Decompose an activity into more detail and
then estimate the resource needs. These estimates are
aggregated into a total quantity. Dependencies are considered. 34 6.3 Estimate Activity Resources
• Data flow diagram 35 Data Flow Diagram Legend
• The data flow diagrams show basic steps and in...
View Full Document
- Fall '14