This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: used to measure, monitor, and control overall
cost performance. It is developed as a summation of the approved
budgets by time period. Typically ____________ .
• Project Funding Requirements: Total funding requirements and
periodic funding requirements are derived from the cost baseline. 50 7.3 Control Costs
• The process of monitoring the status of the project to update the
project budget and managing changes to the cost baseline. 51 8 Project Quality Management
• Project Quality Management includes the processes and activities that
determine quality policies, objectives, and responsibilities so that the
project will satisfy the needs for which it was undertaken. • Product quality measures and techniques are product-specific. • Customer satisfaction. Understanding, evaluating, defining, and managing
expectations so that customer requirements are met. • Prevention over inspection. Quality is planned, designed, and built in –
not inspected in. The cost of preventing mistakes is generally much less
than the cost of correcting them. • Continuous improvement. The plan-do-check-act cycle is the basis for
quality improvement as defined by Shewhart and modified by Deming. 52 8.1 Plan Quality
• The process of identifying quality requirements / standards for project and
product, and documenting how the project will demonstrate compliance. • Quality planning should be performed in parallel with other project
planning processes (e.g. cost or schedule adjustments). • Benchmarking: comparing actual or planned project practices to those of
comparable projects to identify best practices. • Design of Experiments: statistical method for identifying which factors
may influence specific variables of a product or process. 53 8.1 Plan Quality
• Cost of Quality (COQ) 54 • Control Charts: used to determine whether or not a process is stable or
has predictable performance.
– Specification limits are based on requirements of the contract. Penalty
may be associated.
– Control limits are set by the project manager. (Generally ± 3σ). 55 56...
View Full Document
This document was uploaded on 01/28/2014.
- Fall '14