Unformatted text preview: roject includes all the work required, and only the
work required, to complete the project successfully.
• Primarily concerned with defining and controlling what is and is not
included in the project.
• Product scope: the features and functions that characterize a
product, service, or result.
• Project scope: the work that needs to be accomplished to deliver a
product, service, or result with the specified features and functions. 18 5.1 Collect Requirements
• The process of defining and documenting stakeholders’ needs to
meet the project objectives.
• Requirements include the quantified and documented needs and
expectations of the sponsor, customer, and other stakeholders.
• Requirements become the foundation of the work breakdown
structure (WBS). Cost, schedule, and quality planning are all built
upon these requirements. 19 5.1 Collect Requirements (cont’d)
• The requirements management plan documents how requirements
will be analyzed, documented, prioritized, and managed
throughout the project.
• The requir...
View Full Document
- Fall '14
- Project Management