This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: Existing methods cannot provide an accurate schedule
• The Last Planner technique for scheduling is effective because it
focuses on a short-time horizon so it becomes a technique for
continuous production. 61 • Interconnected conversations in the Last Planner System (Source: Lean Construction Institute) 62 6.1 Master Schedules (Should)
• Pull scheduling (to create Master / Phase)
• Lean construction does not replace critical path method (CPM) or
other tools that define the overall work schedule, but it works within
them to improve the delivery of short-term assignments. 63 6.1 Master Schedules
– Demonstrate the feasibility of completing the work within the
– Determine when long lead items will be needed.
– Identify milestones important to client or stakeholders.
• Produce the best possible plan by involving all with relevant
expertise and by planning near action.
• Assure that everyone in a phase understands and supports the
plan by developing the schedule as a team.
• Assure the selection of value adding tasks that release other work
by working backwards fr...
View Full Document
- Fall '14