This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: ovided one day introductory theory training for key players
– Spent one day helping development of project milestone pull
schedule. 7 Things Done for Lean Construction
Procurement and Contractual Relationship
• Owner and GC interviewed potential major subcontractors during
– Full implementation of LC as prerequisite for selection
• Contract’s incentive bonus aligned with overall project goals 8 Things Done for Lean Construction
Communication, Coordination and Commitment
• Owner, GC, and subcons developed construction schedule as a
team (Not GC pushing schedule to subcons).
• Owner held weekly on-site meetings with designer and contractors
– Very effective in solving design information and clarification
• With milestone pull schedule, owner’s rep met with GC’s PM
weekly to review the schedule from strategic viewpoint
– Traditionally, GC submits updated schedules to owner regularly
– Owner feel co...
View Full Document
This document was uploaded on 01/28/2014.
- Fall '14