This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: mfortable that GC had thought through the
process in detail and kept the detailed schedule updated
• Subcons communicated among themselves and coordinated their
work. Typically, subcons installed their work ASAP and submitted
invoices, regardless of whether future work by others is interfered.
9 Things Done for Lean Construction
• Most construction materials delivered JIT
– Drywall and plumbing subcons ordered material in 3-day
increments, received deliveries twice a week
not much material storage or moving around
save time and labor
– Electrical subcontractor: the only one stored bulk materials
– Labor cost saving > material purchasing cost increase (due to
smaller quantities per delivery, increased number of deliveries) 10 Observations
• Less ___...
View Full Document
This document was uploaded on 01/28/2014.
- Fall '14