This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: ractor in the USA serving the general building sector
• Merit shop contractor: Not required to join or financially support a
union (closed shop) as a condition of hiring or continued
employment. Employees have chosen to perform hiring,
promotion, salary adjustments, bonuses and termination based on
the laws of the state and federal government.
• ~90% of work was subcontracted
– Union and merit shop subcontractors
– Coordination could be a problem
• Negotiated, Cost Plus Fixed Fee/Guaranteed Maximum Price
contract with graded incentive bonuses 3 Lean Construction Intro
• “Control”: causing events to conform to plan
• Optimization of entire project, not specific activity
• “Pulling” work through schedule: activity not done until it is needed
to facilitate subsequent activity
• Reliability of work flow: measured PPC (Percent Planned, Complete)
• 3-level hierarchy of schedules and planning (finer levels of detail)
– Milestone pull schedule / Master pull schedule
– Look-ahead schedule
– Weekly planner (all constraints completed; resources available)
• “Workable backlog”: work items ready to start but not required t...
View Full Document
This document was uploaded on 01/28/2014.
- Fall '14