Unformatted text preview: sed on profitability of each item as per size.
3) The company should explore the possibility of installing RFID systems that scan
the bottle tags and link it to central databases for size and label, blended whiskey
combination, ratio of ingredients. This will reduce the need for manual scanning.
4) Exploring the possibility of implementing JIT (Just in Time) system that can
reduce the finished goods inventory at substantial level.
5) Follow EOQ/ ROP system and discontinue the practice of production in batches
based on item size.
6) The EOQ/ ROP system should be fed the point of sale (here point of dispatch)
data in order to make the system more dynamic, the system should be able to
forecast the sales and then determine the EOQ/ ROP values automatically. 6...
View Full Document
- Summer '14
- Cost Accounting, Vodka, EOQ/ ROP