Unformatted text preview: living space in the East. Pre-war anti-Semitism :
– Wilhelm Marr (1879)- force Semites into position
corresponding with their numerical strength; stressed strictly
– In “The Anti-Semitic Caticism”, Theodore Fritch (in 1883)
wrote no Jewish teachers, no social mixing with Jews, Jew
can’t give advice to non-Jew… no violence, strictly legal
– Karl Deuhring – (1880) “The Question of the Jew Is A
Question of Race”; solely defined on race and not religion;
mere presence of Jews is harmful.
– “Protocols of the Elders of Zion” – Member of Russian secret
service produced this and it was translated into many
languages and circulated all around the world; basic rhetoric
was that Jews have secret plans to take over the world. Nazi Anti-Semitism :
- Viewed the Jew as the Devil himself.
Did not consider the Jew to be human.
Found no problem with mass genocide of the Jews.
Took different aspects of anti-Semitism from others,
but the fist to take it to the next level...
View Full Document
- Fall '14
- Essay Review Questions, Midterm Essay Review, Professor Zimmerman