This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: The government used this excuse to demand
extra mandate territories and colonies, and also referred to it as a national
problem as opposed to an internal issue. This allowed the Polish Government
to stray from their regular policies
• Polish government supported Zionism because it took Jews out of Poland.
They even secretly helped out Zionist by selling them weapons and creating
training camps to prepare Jews for Palestine.
• Jews were active in Politics:
1. General Zionists want Jewish homeland in Palestine and to lead
Polish Jews in Poland as well
2. Agudat Yisrael mostly orthodox take a traditional Jewish stance of
moderation. They have private sessions with Parliament.
3. The Bund Leftist sot movement, very academic and more
secular Downloaded from: www.yumesorah.com
HIS1285ZimMidRev2.pdf Page 4 of 5 HIS 1285 – The Holocaust
• Fall 2003
Midterm Essay Review Poland created a Jewish Colonization Committee to look into other options
and places to send the Jews. They decided this was necessary given the Arab
uprisings in Britain, and that Britain had signed the white paper agreement in
1939. Places considered were
2. Angola (secretive)
3. Sinai Peninsula Downloaded from: www.yumesorah.com
HIS1285ZimMidRev2.pdf Page 5 of 5...
View Full Document
This document was uploaded on 01/29/2014.
- Fall '14