This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: es that enhance the primary offering. QU E S TI ONS AND E XE RC I S E S
1. What are the factors that contribute to the value created by network effects?
2. Why is staying power particularly important to many technology products and services?
3. Think about the kinds of technology products that you own that are subject to network effects. What sorts of exchange do these products leverage (e. g. , information, money, software, or other
4. Think about the kinds of technology projects you own. What sorts of switching costs are inherent
in each of these? Are these strong switching costs or weak switching costs? What would it take
for you to leave one of these services and use a rival? How might a competitor try to lessen
these switching costs to persuade you to adopt their product?
5. Which other terms are sometimes used to describe the phenomenon of switching costs?
6. Think about the kinds of technology products that you own that are subject to network effects.
What sorts of complementary benefits are available for these products? Are complementary
benefits strong or weak (meaning, do peop...
View Full Document
This document was uploaded on 01/31/2014.
- Winter '14