Unformatted text preview: gun to attract well‐known journalists away
from print media.
Senior executives from several industries use blogs for business purposes, including marketing,
sharing ideas, gathering feedback, press response, image shaping, and reaching consumers
directly without press filtering. QU E S TI ONS AND E XE RC I S E S
1. Search online to find out which blogs are currently the most popular. Why do you suppose the
leaders are so popular?
2. How are popular blogs discovered? How is their popularity reinforced?
3. Are blog comment fields useful? I f so, to whom or how? What is the risk associated with allowing
users to comment on blog posts? How should a blogger deal with comments that they don’t
4. Why would a corporation, an executive, a news outlet, or a college student want to blog? What
are the benefits? What are the concerns? 5. I dentify firms and executives that are blogging online. Bring examples to class and be prepared
to offer your critique of their efforts.
6. How do blog...
View Full Document
This document was uploaded on 01/31/2014.
- Winter '14
- The American, Trigraph, cial media, mo st, blo gs, mo st po