This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: than others?
8. I nvestigate social networks on your own. Look for examples of their use for fostering political
and social movements; for their use in health care, among doctors, patients, and physicians; and
for their use among other professional groups or enthusiasts. I dentify how these networks might
be used effectively, and also look for any potential risks or downside. How are these efforts
supported? I s there a clear revenue model, and do you find these methods appropriate or
potentially controversial? Be prepared to share your findings with your class. 7.5 Twitter and the Rise of Microblogging
L E A RN I N G OBJ E C T I V E S 1. Appreciate the rapid rise of Twitter—its scale, scope, and broad appeal.
2. Understand how Twitter is being used by individuals, organiz ations, and political movements.
3. Contrast Twitter and microblogging with Facebook, conventional blogs, and other Web 2. 0
4. Consider the commercial viability of the effort, its competitive environment, and concern...
View Full Document
This document was uploaded on 01/31/2014.
- Winter '14
- The American, Trigraph, cial media, mo st, blo gs, mo st po