This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: m or individual to edit their own Wikipedia entry? Under what circumstances
would editing a Wikipedia entry seem unethical to you? Why? What are the risks a firm or
individual is exposed to when making edits to public wiki entries? How do you suppose individuals
and organiz ations are identified when making wiki edits?
8. Would you cite Wikipedia as a reference when writing a paper? Why or why not? 7.4 Social Networks
L E A RN I N G OBJ E C T I V E S
1. Know what social networks are, be able to list key features, and understand how they are used
by individuals, groups, and corporations.
2. Understand the difference between major social networks MySpace, Facebook, and LinkedI n.
3. Recogniz e the benefits and risks of using social networks.
4. Be aware of trends that may influence the evolution of social networks. Social net works have garnered increasing attentio n as established netwo rks gro w and inno vate,
new netwo rks emerge, and value is demo nstrated. The two mo st do minant public so cial netwo rks
are Facebo o k and LinkedIn, sites o f ten described as the perso nal and pro f essio nal netwo rks,
respectively. But there are also a ho st o f third-party netwo rks where f irms can...
View Full Document
This document was uploaded on 01/31/2014.
- Winter '14
- The American, Trigraph, cial media, mo st, blo gs, mo st po