This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: th the class. Do you think Google is making
much money with YouTube? Why or why not?
10. Which firm do you think spends more on the technology infrastructure that powers its service—
Apple with iTunes podcasts or Google with YouTube? Explain your answer.
11. Why would a firm make its data available via XML to use as a mash‐up? What can it gain? Are
there any risks involved in providing programming hooks that allow the creation of mash‐ups?
12. Give examples of efforts that take advantage of folksonomies. Why are folksonomies considered
to be useful?
13. Do you spend time in rich media Web sites? Which ones? How much time do you or your friends
spend on these sites? How would you describe the quality of rich media content found online?
14. How might a firm use rich media online? What concerns does a firm or individual face with
respect to rich media?
15. Why do you suppose that the most popular podcasts come from established media firms (e. g. ,
Comedy Central, NPR) rather than amateurs, while the top bloggers...
View Full Document
This document was uploaded on 01/31/2014.
- Winter '14
- The American