Unformatted text preview: number between
0 and 2π – vibration can start
anywhere Four extreme phases
– 0: start moving positively from the
– π/2: start moving from the max positive
– π : start moving negatively from the
– 3π/2: start moving from the max
negative displacement position
negative 1 Sinusoidal Sound
Sinusoidal Three parameters:
– Maximum displacement / amplitude (A)
– Frequency (f)
– Phase (Φ) d = A*sin(2π*f*t + Φ)
*f*t Sinusoidal Sound
- Example 1
Example Given a sinusoidal sound with A = 100 nm, f =
1000 Hz, and Φ = π/2, what is the physical formula
for this sound?
– d = A*sin(2π*f*t + Φ) = 100*sin(2π*1000*t + π/2)
Sinusoidal w aves
100 A m p lit u d...
View Full Document
This note was uploaded on 02/01/2014 for the course CSD 313L taught by Professor Liu during the Summer '08 term at University of Texas.
- Summer '08