Unformatted text preview: t‐absorption length with multiple internal reflections
• No light‐blocking metal current collection grid on illuminated surface
• Good environmental protection and mounting support provided by glass substrate
• Silicon solar cells offer dramatic improvements over single‐
crystal designs Paper 9 section V: X‐ray and Electro‐Beam Lithography masks
By Chun Sing yip X‐Ray Mask • Doping the Boron on the surface of silicon.
• Depositing a gold layer on the top and Define the x‐ray pattern by etching the gold with standard photolithographic or electron‐
beam techniques . Why Gold?
• Etched away most of the silicon substrate from the back side of the wafer with EDP. (The thickness of the membrane is typically 1‐5 micrometers.) Electron‐Beam Lithography Mask
• Depositing a Nitride on the surface of silicon
• Pattern the Silicon Nitride(Si3N4) and use it as proximity printing.
• Nitride has lower backscattering and it will not broaden the feature Circuits on Membrane Juyoung Yoo Silicon Membranes
• SCS (Single Crystal
advantages that make
them widely used for
View Full Document
This note was uploaded on 02/03/2014 for the course ME 119 taught by Professor Lwlin during the Spring '08 term at Berkeley.
- Spring '08
- Mechanical Engineering