This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: he valve seating ring.
http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/stamp/stamp.jsp?arnumber=01480369 D ETECTOR ELEMENT A thin metal resistor is deposited and etched over SiO2.
The Si is etched from the back surface of the wafer to remove thermally
The sensor detects variations in the thermal conductivity of the gas stream by
measuring the resistance of the metal resistor which is subjected to an external
constant current source.
http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/stamp/stamp.jsp?arnumber=01480369 Joule-Thomson Minirefrigeration System
Hillary Lok Lee Yap *Employs the advantageous
characteristics of anodic
bonding *Refrigeration system based on silicon
anisotropic etching and
anodic bonding Minirefrigeration System
*For a refrigeration system:
* Cooling capacities in the 1-100mW range at 77K
* Cool down rates in the order of seconds
* Operating times of 100’s of hours *Require:
* Total channel length of about 25cm
* 100μm in diameter Minirefrigeration System
*Single-Crystal Silicon can be designed to work well
* High strength
* Nature of bonding process presupposes an excellent match
in thermal coefficients of expansion of the two materials *Disadvantages:
* Silicon has very high thermal conductivity *Extr...
View Full Document
This note was uploaded on 02/03/2014 for the course ME 119 taught by Professor Lwlin during the Spring '08 term at University of California, Berkeley.
- Spring '08
- Mechanical Engineering