This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: month
– 1-2 word ?s (“Where kitty?”)
– Follows simple commands
– Understands simple questions (“Where’s your
shoe”) Fast forward to 4 – 5 years
– Telling on-topic stories
– Communicate easily with people
– Use sentences that give detail (“I
like to read my books)
– Pay attention to short story &
– When does it all end?!
When Through adolescence: Vocabulary expands, figurative language, reading,
writing, cause and effect, abstract reasoning
writing, When does language learning end? It doesn’t!
Life-long process of learning and refining
Pragmatics Language Disorder
– Involves all, some, or one of language domains
Disorder v. difference
1° v. 2°...
View Full Document
This note was uploaded on 02/01/2014 for the course CDIS 1150 taught by Professor Leanddaniels during the Fall '08 term at UConn.
- Fall '08