Unformatted text preview: re outdated
• Extremist groups create hate sites
• Real groups skew history Skewing History
Skewing Selective use of facts
Denying proven facts
Using confusing jargon
Using irrelevant arguments
“Ad hominem” attacks (i.e. attacking your credibility or intelligence) “The 6 As of Web Evaluation” Authority
Approach • Purpose of website?
• Is info subjective or objective? Age • Last updated?
• Dead or broken links? Audience Level
Accessibility • Under construction?
• Is appearance in sync? Citing Web Sources (MLA)
Citing Online scholarly project:
Stahmer, Carl, ed. "The Shelley Chronology." The Romantic Chronology. Romantic Circles, U of Maryland, 2007. Web. 20 Sept. 2010. Entire site: "New Media @ the Center." The Writing Center at the University of WisconsinMadison. U of Wisconsin
Madison Writing Center, 2009. Web. 19 Sept. 2010. Citing Web Sources (APA)
Citing Webpage: Research Initiatives. (2008). Retrieved January 11, 2010, from MIT, Comparative Media Studies website, http://cms.mit.edu/research/index.php...
View Full Document
- Fall '13
- Search Engines, Web search engine, World Wide Web, Web 3.0, frequently used Web, aka Semantic Web