Unformatted text preview: ore likely to yield the most relevant results; KEYWORD searching is likely to give you more results, but many of which will be irrelevant What is the classification system used for most materials?
– Library of Congress What are some tips for reading LC call numbers?
– Alphanumeric order
– Chronological order Periodicals
Periodicals Scholarly journals – Synonyms
– Characteristics Popular/News magazines – Characteristics Trade publications – Characteristics Searching for Articles
Searching for Articles What do you use to find articles?
– Are all databases fulltext? No – What’s an article abstract? A precise summary If you already have a complete citation, what do you use to find out if the Library has the article in some format?
– “Find a Specific Article” AKA Citation Linker Be familiar with Database AZ list and field searching in databases....
View Full Document
This note was uploaded on 02/04/2014 for the course LIB 197 taught by Professor Stephaniemathson during the Fall '13 term at Central Mich..
- Fall '13